The San Diego County Dental Society is happy to help you address complaints and concerns regarding our member dentists. For more information, please contact our Case & Development Coordinator Ryan Burgess at 619-275-0244 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peer Review addresses complaints and concerns regarding the quality and/or appropriateness of dental treatment provided by an SDCDS member dentist. Complaints must be initiated with the California Dental Association before being brought to our well-trained committee for a thorough review.
Criteria for Case Acceptance
- Your complaint is against a member of the SDCDS
- Your complaint is regarding the quality or appropriateness of treatment
- Your complaint is filed within one year of discovering a problem or three years of treatment completion, whichever comes first
Cases Not Accepted
- Complaints regarding non-member dentists
- Complaints regarding billing issues, fee disputes, poor customer service or practice management, and complaints concerning staff behavior
Ethics addresses complaints and concerns about non-clinical action (or inaction) by a member dentist and their staff which fall within the scope of the CDA Code of Ethics. The Ethics Committee cannot address fee disputes or complaints that cannot be clearly documented. Complaints must be submitted using our forms, and are evaluated by a trained committee of member dentist volunteers.
For complaints against dentists who are not members of the San Diego County Dental Society, please contact the Dental Board of California.
Dental Board of California
2005 Evergreen St, Ste 1550
Sacramento, CA 95815