Below are descriptions of each committee, Board positions and certain volunteer opportunities:
- Well-Being: Critical to a healthy component, this group assists dental professionals in our community who suffer from alcohol and/or chemical dependency.
- Editorial Board: Help provide content and oversight for FACETS magazine.
- Communications: Become involved with the committee making key decisions about technology & the ways we communicate with our members.
- Political Action: Become a part of the committee that influences legislation affecting dentistry at the local, state and federal level.
- New DDS/Membership Recruitment and Retention: Help us plan social events and special seminars designed for new dentists (those 10 years or fewer out of dental school). The recruitment and retention committee devises strategies to bring in new members & serve our existing members thereby keeping organized dentistry strong.
- Continuing Education: Get involved with the committee in charge of our Continuing Education offerings! We need help keeping courses fresh and on the cutting edge of the science of dentistry and practice management.
- Ethics*: This committee offers dental professionals and the public an avenue to express ethical complaints and concerns about our members and have them reviewed and mediated.
- Gala: Invitations, menu, décor, you name it! The Gala Committee meets monthly to plan the details of the annual fundraising gala for 350+ attendees.
(*Ethics is open to members of SDCDS for 5 years or more)
Below are descriptions of the SDCDS and SDCDF Boards:
- Society Board: The San Diego County Dental Society Board of Directors conducts, manages and controls the business affairs of the organization. Terms for each officer is 2 yrs. on a committee or equivalent leadership experience.
- Foundation Board: The San Diego County Dental Foundation is the charitable arm of our society which creates and raises funds for innovative programs and volunteer opportunities to enhance the oral health of our community.
Below are descriptions of volunteer opportunities:
- General Volunteer: Volunteers are always needed to help out at events in the community such as school screenings, health fairs, and one-day clinics.
- Give Kids a Smile: This program provides dental screenings, sealants & fluoride varnish to kids under 18 at no cost to families. During February and March each year, schedule GKAS patients during your regular workday or volunteer your skills at a clinic.