Members looking for leadership opportunities can choose to join any of our committees including:
- Editorial Board
- Political Action
- New DDS/Membership Recruitment and Retention
- Continuing Education
- Leadership Development
(*Ethics and Peer-Review is open to members of SDCDS for 5 years or more, **Peer-Review requires calibration.)
SDCDS has a number of elected positions available to members. Previous Committee experience is required to be considered for elected positions.
- Board of Directors, 2-year term
- Delegate to CDA House, 3-year term
- CDA Trustees, alternating 3 year terms
- Secretary, 1-year term*
*The Secretary position (year 1) requires a 4 year commitment. This official moves to President-elect (year 2) followed by President (year 3)and finally Immediate past-president (year 4).
In addition to leadership opportunities, SDCDS has many volunteer opportunities for members to contribute to their communities in the greater San Diego area.
- Health/Education/Career Fairs
- Homeless Outreach Programs
- Sealant and Varnish Clinics
- Mouth Guards for local high schools
- Geis Clinic at VVSD
- Children’s Dental Health Clinic
- UCSD Free Clinics
- Accept a limited number of underprivileged patients at no charge