2018 Military Dental Symposium
- This event has passed.
901 Camino del Rio South
San Diego, CA 92108 United States
Dr. Antonis Chaniotis DDS, MDSC
Antonis Chaniotis graduated from the University of Athens Dental School, Greece (1998). In 2003 he completed the three-year postgraduate program in Endodontics at the University of Athens Dental School. Since 2003, he owns a limited to microscopic Endodontics private practice in Athens, Greece. For the last ten years, he served as a clinical instructor affiliated with the undergraduate and postgraduate programs at the University of Athens, Athens Dental School, Endodontic department, Greece. In 2012 he was awarded the title of Clinical fellow teacher at the University of Warwick, Warwick dentistry UK. He lectures extensively nationally and internationally and he has published articles in local and international Journals. He currently serves as an active member of the Hellenic Society of Endodontology (ESE full member society), a board member of the Academy of Microscope Enhanced Dentistry (AMED), a certified member of the European Society of Endodontology (ESE) and international member of American Association of Endodontists (AAE)
Making the Endodontic Management of Complicated Canal Systems Simple, Safe and Predictable A new approach with Hyflex CM and EDM files:
Abstract: The design and biological objectives of root canal treatments are well described in the contemporary art of Endodontics. Achieving these objectives in straight canals is considered a simple and straightforward procedure with all instrumentation systems available today. The problems of biomechanical instrumentation and obturation of the root canal systems arise when the internal anatomy of human teeth becomes severely curved or even bifurcated and anastomotic. In such teeth, the accepted basic endodontic techniques and instrumentation protocols can be challenging to follow.
- Understand the biological objectives of root canal treatment manipulation in relation to each anatomical challenge
- Understand and appreciate the controlled memory thermomechanical processing and electrical discharge machining for the manufacturing of rotary files
- Understand the philosophy behind the new instrumentation technique
- Achieve a three dimensional obturation of the prepared root canal system by using greater taper gutta-percha points in combination with Gutta-flow bioseal
- Take away tips and hints to use them in the everyday practice