Give Kids A Smile (GKAS)
- This event has passed.
Give Kids A Smile is coming in 2021, but it will look a little different.
GKAS is a national event supported by the American Dental Association and it’s local chapters. Each year, over 350,000 children benefit from the services provided across the nation. This event is a way for dentists to join with the community to provide needed dental services to underserved children. This event will take place at several clinics throughout the San Diego County and FREE dental screenings, sealants and fluoride varnish will be provided to all children ages 0-18. The program will run between the dates of February 22 – March 19. You won’t even need to leave the comfort of your own office!
Are you in?
We are recruiting dentists in private practice and community clinics who are interested in applying fluoride varnish and dental sealants to kids under the age of 18 – for FREE!
Here are some of the details.
The program will run between the dates of February 22 – March 19.
We will supply
Varnish and sealant material to participating dentists.
You will have the flexibility to choose when patients are seen – all on one day, or interspersed in your schedule.
- You will make your own appointments.
- We will help promote the event with flyers and a website.
- In addition to technical assistance there will be training for interested office in January.
- Glass ionomer sealants will be used.
- Some PPE will be provided to participating offices.
- You will report on numbers of kids and treatment rendered.
- You don’t have to be a pediatric dentist to participate.