Your Retirement Assets: Location and Allocation
1275 - B West Morena Blvd
San Diego, CA 92110 United States
Check-In: 5:30 PM
SDCDS is committed to keeping our members and community safe. We will be taking steps recommended by the CDC to change how our courses are conducted. Dinner & refreshments provided during registration. (For special dietary requirements and additional information please contact our Media & Continuing Education Coordinator, Fernanda Parra, firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-275-7188)
By clicking “add to cart’” you are acknowledging that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By attending this course you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- Asset Location: Understand why the “location of your money” is just as important as the investment decisions. We’ll discuss the role of tax advantaged retirement accounts to shelter and grow your assets
- Asset Allocation: Picking funds, stocks, and bonds to invest in is almost the last step in the investment process. Learn about what comes first.
- Upcoming Changes: CalSavers mandatory requirements and coverage rule changes for temporary employees.
Elizabeth Clark is the Chief Executive Officer of CDG. In this executive role, Ms. Clark assists the Board of Directors in the coordination and management of our members’ retirement investment portfolios. Ms. Clark has been with us for 17 years and has been in the investment industry for nearly 30 years. She is originally from the East Coast and graduated from Washington University in St. Louis with a degree in Sociology, and two minors in Business and Women’s Studies. Elizabeth began her career in finance at Boatman’s Bank (now Northern Trust Company) in St. Louis, Missouri as an Assistant IRA Administrator. The following year she moved to the investment division of Boatman’s Bank and was soon asked to join the Guaranty Trust Company (a privately held family bank) as an Investment Advisor. Elizabeth’s experience includes finance, management, retirement counsel and administration, trust investment advisory, sales and fashion merchandising. Her one-on-one service to CDG members and her knowledge of the retirement industry ensures that our dentist members are receiving the best investment advice possible.
Elizabeth resides in Sacramento and maintains a lively household with 4 dogs and 1 cat and her adult children dropping by.
Abiy Fisseha is a Vice President and Retirement Plan Advisor with ABD Retirement Services. His scope of services and expertise include:
- Retirement plan investment consulting.
- ERISA regulatory and compliance consulting.
- Employer provided retirement programs design and oversight.
- Association and affinity groups retirement programs design and oversight.
- Fiduciary training and consulting to plan sponsors.
Abiy has worked in the retirement plan industry for over 20 years with direct experience in plan operations, ERISA compliance, and investment consulting. Abiy’s clients have included non-profit organizations, affinity groups, corporate 401(k) plan sponsors and multinational firms that require extensive fiduciary and operational support.